By William Dominik,Jon Hall
- A advisor to Roman rhetoric from its origins to the Renaissance and beyond
- Comprises 32 unique essays via major foreign scholars
- Explores significant figures Cicero and Quintilian in-depth
- Covers a vast diversity of themes equivalent to rhetoric and politics, gender, prestige, self-identity, schooling, and literature
- Provides feedback for extra studying on the finish of every chapter
- Includes a word list of technical phrases and an index of right names and rhetorical concepts
Read Online or Download A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best rhetoric books
Academic coverage is usually pushed aside as easily rhetoric and a set of part truths. even though, this can be to underestimate the facility of rhetoric and the ways that rhetorical thoughts are indispensable to persuasive acts. via a sequence of illustrative chapters, this booklet argues that instead of anything to be pushed aside, rhetorical research deals a wealthy and deep enviornment during which to discover and view academic matters and practices.
In daily Genres: Writing Assignments around the Disciplines, Mary Soliday calls on style idea- which proposes that writing can't be separated from social situation-to study the typical assignments given to writing scholars within the university school room, and to enquire how new writers and specialist readers reply to numerous kinds of coursework in numerous fields.
Invention and Craft: A advisor to varsity Writing bargains a brand new method of instructing and studying within the first-year writing school room. Invention and Craft attracts at the courting among the writing strategy and the inventive approach version and teaches a problem-solving, insight-driven method of writing basically and successfully in all genres.
Considering via Writing demonstrates that pondering abilities are taught top via writing. All elements of the mind and every kind of studying types are utilized in writing actions, at the same time constructing considering abilities. those abilities are worthy in linking scholar adventure and new details, incorporating content material wisdom and exploring principles and recommendations.
- Writing Groups for Doctoral Education and Beyond: Innovations in practice and theory
- Battling to the End: Conversations with Benoit Chantre (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- Writing and Power: A Critical Introduction to Composition Studies (Series in Critical Narratives)
- Farnsworth's Classical English Rhetoric
- The Rhetoric of Empire: Colonial Discourse in Journalism, Travel Writing, and Imperial Administration (Post-contemporary interventions)
Extra resources for A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by William Dominik,Jon Hall